Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hello, World!

First, I would like to tell everyone a little about myself. I'm a transfer student and this is my first semester here at UofT. I was attending another university in British Columbia where I first started in the engineering program. I was forced to take an introductory programming course, which eventually made me switch to the computer science program.

Since in my previous school the introductory courses used Java, I now have some minor problems in understanding Python (mostly syntax problems). I believe that this is something that requires time and practice. I personally find the Python tutorials on YouTube very helpful. I really hope to catch up everything before the midterms.

Finally, I have one last thing to share. I'm using the Dvorak layout (which I recently learned) instead of QWERTY and I'm curious how many people out there (particularly in CSC148) also use Dvorak...

Good luck everybody in your studies =)

2 comments:

  1. How long would it take for a QWERTY user to adopt Dvorak, and be as proficient at typing with it as he is at QWERTY? I'd like to go Dvorak to confuse people who use my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would take you around a month to get used to it I think. But I believe there are more efficient methods to confuse people who use your computer.

    ReplyDelete